Friday, January 25, 2008

Repetition is good

Just when I felt like my training was getting a bit monotonous, I realized something. I'm getting strong. I haven't been in this kind of shape for a long time, and it feels really good.

I'm also really busy. As I've mentioned already, this whole working, training and living at the same time is really filling my plate. This being the case, I'm not feeling that motivated to sit and type. Below you'll find basic outlines of the training components of my week, and some other short details.

2/19
Climbing at Mr. Lees
-Redpointed The Shores of Hell (11.b)
-One good redpoint failure on White Lotus (11.d)

2/20
90 Minutes of Yoga
Bouldering with Elijah at Lizards Mouth
-30 or so problems, most of which were far below one star on the quality rating scale. Somehow, we had a nice time though. After more than a decade of hanging out at the Mouth, I still love being there.

2/21
Neighborhood walk
Restorative Postures


2/22
1 mile in the pool
-400 freestyle
-400 breaststroke
-800 freestyle

dynamic free dives
-2 x15 meters
-2 x35 meters
almost 1x 50 meters


2/23
90 minutes of yoga
8 minutes headstand variations


2/24
2000 in the pool
-400 freestyle
-400 breaststroke
-400 freestyle
-200 kickboard
-200 freestyle with leg float
-200 kickboard
-200 freestyle with kickboard
no freedives (my groin has been really sore from breaststroking which is the stroke I use when freediving. Bummer.)


Played an acoustic set at the Mercury Lounge. Good times. Lots of friends showed up. The house was packed. I played well considering how out of practice I am. Drank 5 stiff Belgium beers for free. Yummy.

2/25
Hungover madness.
2.5 movies

No comments: