Friday, December 28, 2007

Vacation is Great

Most of my clients have been out of town for the holidays. This has created a wonderful unexpected 2 week vacation. The extra time has lended itself to great multi activity days.

I met Bridget at the pool today. I’ve coerced her into acting as my birthday challenge swim coach. Her decades of mermaid training are improving my swimming dramatically. Thanks Coach.

I swam an 800 of freestyle and then Bridget gave me a quick kick turn lesson. Seemed simple enough…. until my left calf (the bad ankle calf) completely cramped up when I pushed off the wall. Wow. Cramps in cold water are fairly intense. No more kick turns today. Next lesson: Proper Breast Stroke. Keep your knees in and don’t pull back so much with your hands. Swimming is all about technique. After 400 meters of breaststroke I switched back to freestyle for 400 meters. The end result was my first mile in a day. Cheers to me.

Went to Lizards Mouth this afternoon and explored as well as doing a few dozen problems (including the Sorry About That series….awesome).

My chef buddy Robin Goldstein had a group of us over for dinner and drinks this evening. What a fucking treat. Pomegranate mojitos of the highest caliber, and authentic Spanish Tapas up the wazoo! I haven’t been pampered this properly for a while. Thanks Robin. Your approach is a beautiful reminder of why I love food.

No comments: